The DA Gateway establishes a common interface between utility applications and Command Center using the Landis+Gyr Integration Suite. This creates a secure and integrated environment for managing message traffic. A software application that resides on the utility SCADA server, the DA Gateway enables the flow of messages (both solicited and unsolicited) between RTUs/IEDs and their SCADA master stations using DNP3 over TCP/IP. Substation RTUs/IEDs are grouped into logical channels allowing the SCADA master stations to communicate to tens of thousands of field devices using a small number of TCP communication channels.
The DA Gateway contains a mapping of DNP3 station addresses to radio addresses in the RF mesh network. This allows packets from the master stations to be routed to the correct device. The Landis+Gyr network platform provides network layer security and acts as a link-layer packet router for DNP3 packets.
Why Landis+Gyr makes a difference.
- Provides a seamless interface to Command Center without custom integration
- Eliminates the need for API integration between IED and SCADA
- Interfaces with utility operating systems to increase interoperability
- Allows the use of advanced encryption throughout the network
- Provides diagnostics and configuration tools